Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Rawgust!!! The 30 Day Food Challenge!!

August....a month to celebrate!! Birthday and Health!


Jacob will be turning 6 years old and starting Kindergarten!





John and I will be doing a 30 day Raw Food Challenge!




 As soon as I signed up for the challenge, I thought, "what did I just get myself into." And then after looking at recipes and finding HUNDREDS of ideas for Raw Veggies and Fruits, I got excited!!! Not only is this going to be fun and challenging but it's going to help me lose weight. It's going to kick us into eating healthier and hopefully, by day 30, I'll want to go onto day 31, 32, 33 and so on!

I also decided that I'm going to blog about it every day. I believe that blogging will keep me honest with myself and also to show everyone how well it's working.

I'm also going to "weigh in". Once, the day before. And then every 5 days...... I've never been one to weigh myself....I don't even own a scale. So that's going to be a challenge in itself. Thank goodness for my grandma. She's loaning me her scale and food dehydrator. LOL

I told John what I was going to do and he said, "Great, I'll do it with you." I love that man. He's so supportive of me. I'm not going to press Jacob to do it but I will make sure he's trying everything that I make. Fortunately, he likes to try new things at least once. So I'll be stocking some of his favorites and making 2 different meals.

The prep work is really the only thing that isn't going to fun. But as I thought more about it, there's going to be less dishes to do because I won't actually be cooking anything. And I'm always chopping something for dinner anyway. I decided I'll plan and prep for 2 days at a time.

Anyway, I'm super excited. I'll be blogging more Sunday night!! OH Speaking of  Sunday...we're having a last "hurrah"......Mexican for the final evening. lol

Til Sunday!

1 comment:

  1. Yay! I can't wait to steal your ideas!!!

    ReplyDelete