Sunday, June 19, 2011

Life gets busy!

Oh my jeebers!
Life gets busy and I forget to blog!! I have seriously thought about blogging lately but something happens and the thought leaves me. I'm not the only one that this happens to. I just finished catching up on a friends blog and she just went through the "forgetting" stage as well.
So it's time to catch up!

J.J.  LOVES T-Ball. We're at a point with T-Ball that we can use it, to get him to behave. "J.J. if you don't (blah blah blah) you're not going to be able to play T-Ball tonight." And it usually works for us. He's hasn't missed a game because of behavior because....well....it really is one of those "empty threats".  We payed money...he will play.
His bathroom issue no longer exists. Thank you Lord. He's returned to the arm stretching. Which we can all live with. =) 
This weekend we went to Decatur, IL to celebrate Stoutys grandmas 90th birthday. It's about a 3 hour car ride from our house. We left about 8 in the morning, stopped at Walgreens and Jack in the Box and still made it there by 11. Stouty was driving.
The trip was great. They rent an air conditioned pavilion. There's food. There's Stouty's extended family. There's a HUGE playground. And there's a zoo. There's also a LOT of picture taking. haha! Stouty's family is really spread out so in a way, it's a birthday/reunion party. I actually made the comment "I couldn't imagine not being able to remember a family members name." And I'm sure that there is some family member out there that I haven't met but I'm talking first cousins and stuff!! (I have a very close "mom's side" of the family...)
J.J. and some of his cousins

ANYWAY........
There was one point of the day where J.J. came up to me and asked, "Can I go down the path with E.?" I told him...uh no. You're not to go down any path unless there's an adult with you. And if you know my kid, he's not going to go unless there's an adult once he's told that. So he comes back and tells me that E's dad is going with them. So I say, Go! Have fun! Be good.
Are you cringing that I didn't get up to go make sure that E's dad was really going? If you are, then you don't know J.J.
J.J. and E.

So a little while goes by and E's mom (Stoutys sister) wants me to gather my family so that we can take our family picture. I see that E's dad has returned and as I'm looking around to spot my kid who's dressed in all red (I do this on purpose lol), I ask...."Uh....where's E. and J.J.?" He looks over and says, they were just playing with this pile of logs........ Well. They're not now. And they're no where to be seen. So E's dad immediately takes off through the path (that turned out to just be through a couple bushes into an opening on the other side). I wait for a minute to see if he comes back through with 2 little ones tagging along and when he doesn't I turn to Stouty to tell him that the hunt is now on for the kids. I'm a little pissed at J.J. now because my kid doesn't do that! (HA!)
I start walking through the path and end up in the opening constantly scanning to catch all red. I head in the direction of the play ground, which is a little bit of a walk, especially on a day when your asthma is acting up. As I'm walking up to the playground, I'm scanning the area for red and spot Stouty's brother with his 2 girls. I yell to one of them, "Is J.J. there????" And at that second, I felt the panic start to kick in. She says no. My brain immediately kicks into high gear. OMG there's a lot of people here. They're really cute kids. Anyone could have picked them up. -to- OMG what if they're in the woods and can't remember how to get back to us? Please let them be in the woods and not in some strangers car.-to-OMG what if they fell in the lake. OMG THE LAKE. As all these thoughts are flowing QUICKLY through, I'm heading back up towards the pavilion from the opposite side and calling Stoutys phone to see if J.J. and E. are back. He doesn't answer. My brain says "he's looking too". As I round the corner and see Stouty standing there talking to someone (I can't even remember for the life of me, who he was talking to). All I could do was ask "Is J.J. here?!?!" Then seeing J.J. in all his red. And then for him to respond that E's dad came up the other side with them as I was cutting through the path to search......................Apparently, he yelled to me, but I didn't hear him.
All I could do was throw my hands in the air, turn around and walk in the other direction. Every single emotion hit me like a ton of bricks and to avoid looking like a total basket case, in front of pretty much the entire family, I had to walk away.
After I gained my composer and was pretty sure that my eyes were no longer red from losing it, I walked back up and we took our family picture. (I'll post that picture as soon as I get a copy of it.)

The rest of the day was great. We went to the Zoo part shortly after all the family pictures were taken and then played more on the play ground. It turned out to be a really nice day. Which was surprising because the entire drive was in rain! We didn't get home until after 8pm, which meant that we were going to miss my aunt and uncles surprise anniversary party. But they understand. We had these plans made like 3+ months ago and well, you only turn 90 once!

I planned on talking about my familys vacation in this blog too but I'll save that for later next week! (If I remember!! hehehe)

1 comment:

  1. Glad JJ is okay and you all made it through that ordeal!! Although I did miss you last night. Also glad JJ likes Tball,especially since he was so reluctant to play, maybe he'll be more willing to try new things more often now.

    ReplyDelete