Monday, August 1, 2011

Rawgust the 1st!

Monday: Rawgust 1st!! (I'm typing this blog through out the day and I'll be posting it at the end of the day!)

I woke up this morning feeling positive! Ready to "seize the day"! I actually told John that as he walked out the door to go to work. Then I called myself a dork. LOL!

I'm a morning person, so for me to roll out of bed and get started isn't a problem at all. So, I did. Unfortunately, John woke up late and beings I was using him as my alarm clock, I woke up late. So by the time I got his lunch made for the day one, I was out of time to make his morning Green juice! I was so bummed. OH well......I let it go. I'll still make it for me!

I asked John to weigh himself with me. This is the first time, in my life, that I've had a scale in my house. And I am OK with it!  (what I'm not OK with is the mouse that just ran across my living room!) John and I weigh the same amount. I'm NOT OK with that. How did I justify it? "At least I don't weigh more."

So, here we go! Details for today:

My Weigh In:


Yep. There it is. Me and all my glory!! And this is why I've decided to take the Rawgust Challenge. My goal is to keep going til I lose 57lbs. That will put me at my "pre-Jacob" weight and I was really happy there.....If I happen to lose more....excellent!

Today's Menu!!

I was originally planning on making a "green" smoothie this morning, but the alarm clock didn't work right. (That would be John!)

So I had an apple instead....not really filling and I was honestly starving by the time lunch ran around. I know not to do again.

For Lunch we had:
Garden Herb Roll Up (http://www.rawfoodrecipes.com/recipes/garden-herb-rollups.html)

I added an apple to Johns lunch and I had a peach with mine. This dish was DELISH! 2 wraps are more than enough to fill you up.... I only had one.

In between lunch and dinner, Jacob asked if I would like to share a pop tart with him. As I munched on the pop tart, near the halfway point, I said, "What the F*** are you doing Nicci?" I'm so used to eating that crap that it just happened. So, oops.........

Dinner:

http://www.rawguru.com/raw-food-recipes/stuffed-red-peppers.html.html


So this was good. But I think I would rather use it as a dip than as a meal. It was just good. It wasn't DELISH like lunch was.......and I want cake.

Cake has been on my mind all day long. I know that there are ways to make "Raw" cakes but I just don't have the funds to make a Raw cake. I also don't have an extra cake just lying around waiting to be baked.

I also realized, after eating dinner, that I was still hungry. I don't know if it was a mind thing. Or what. I don't know if it was because my son just had a massive fit and I could hardly handle it. So I cheated. On purpose. I had a handful of Funions. Yep. Those fake onion ring chip things. And they tasted so good. I wanted more. So I had a peach. Good girl, Nicci. Good Girl.

Tomorrow, we're taking Jacob out for his birthday dinner. We're having Chinese food. I scheduled this in as a cheat day. And I'm so excited.......

1 comment:

  1. I love it! And I love you! I am so proud of you! you already knew that! I can't wait to hear about tomorrow! Enjoy your chinese, and you could probably find a piece of cake there too!

    ReplyDelete