Friday, February 24, 2012

Learning a new word.....

I knew it was going to start happening. Doesn't it happen to everyone? You start going to school and soon, you're learning new words!

The teacher's teach you words that you need to get through to the next grade....

The older children teach you new words that get you in trouble at home.....

(hahaha)

Yesterday, as the children are getting off of the bus, Jacob can't wait to play the new game that he just learned with me.

"Mom, after everything that I say, you say 'Bait'".....

"Ok....go."

"Fish"

"Bait"

"Shark"

"Bait"

"Tail"

"Bait.....um. Ok. I don't get that one. Cute. Very cute."

Then I hear J. (one of my children that I get on and off the bus) say to his sister,

"After everything I say, say 'bait'".

"Fish"

"Bait"

"Shark"

"Bait"

"Master"

"WWWWWWHHHHHHHHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA"

I turn around quickly. And go into whole "Oh no. You don't say that kind of thing..." speech.

Then, of course, all three children tell me that they "don't even know what it means!"

At this time, their Grandma comes outside and I go over the conversation that just took place and leave it in her hands to take care of.

As we're walking up the hill, Jake is pleading his case. So I decide, that's fine, you don't know what it means, let me tell you what it means. "It means to touch your wiener. And it's not something that you talk about....ESPECIALLY on the bus and at school." And that was all that Jake needed to hear. Conversation over.

I'd like to think that I handled that pretty well. What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment