Friday, May 11, 2012

Mother's Day

I've never really thought much of Mother's Day.

In the past, I've used it as an excuse not to take care of laundry, dishes, meals, dirty diapers.....pretty much taking a day off. Only to have to turn around the next day and bust my butt because, not only did I have the day off, so did everyone else in my house.

We would also make sure to go and see our own mothers. Usually meeting up with mine, to do a quick brunch, then with his to hang out for a while.

This year, Mother's Day truly means something to me.

(I originally was going to touch on a subject here, that many of you are aware of but before I published....well. It's not here anymore)

 This Mother's Day will be all about THIS mother. I feel like I deserve it.

My boys and I will be sleeping in. You know. Til 7. Maybe 8, if I'm lucky.

Hopefully, John will make me some breakfast.

Then we'll be heading out to Ronnies to catch The Avengers. (Ok, so this isn't exactly the kind of movie that I would normally pick to see, but I know it's something that my 6 year old will sit still and watch!)

After that, we'll most likely go to some restaurant for a late lunch/early dinner. I'm totally thinking STEAK!

So, with that.....To all of you Mothers out there. Happy Mother's Day!


No comments:

Post a Comment